Reporting Relationship: Front Desk Manager
The Medical Receptionist manages efficient patient flow through arrival to departure; performs various clerical duties; interfaces with clinic personnel, patients/visitors, and fellow employees to ensure positive relationships. Must have willingness and aptitude to utilize MDIntellesys and Athena to complete daily work. Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, all the essential functions listed below:
- Professionally assist with patient check in by greeting patients with a welcoming smile, verifying insurance, collecting copays, organizing & distributing fax documents, updating appropriate paperwork and daily chart preparation.
- Professionally assist with patient check out by scheduling appointments and scanning documents into the electronic medical record.
- Answer incoming telephone calls; handle applicable patient concerns as appropriate or triage to appropriate staff.
- Must have reliable transportation for traveling to other local satellite offices. Reimbursement for mileage will be provided.
- Must have neat and legible handwriting and possess the ability to perform detail oriented tasks.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform mathematical decisions regarding money exchange between patients and practice.
- Must have the ability to perform well in a fast paced, high patient volume medical practice and multi-task as needed.
- Ability to work multiple stations; including check in, check out, phone operator, and preparing charts and supplies for the following day.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years medical office experience preferred.
- Must be willing and able to exceed expectations for both productivity and quality standards.
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize day-to-day tasks in order to keep work assignments current.
- Must be a self-starter and dependable.
- Must have proficient computer and typing skills.
Maintain strict confidentiality with regarding to protected health information (PHI) and understands and adheres to TNR's HIPAA privacy and security policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands
Position requires prolonged sitting and standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment as required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Employee must be able to lift at least 15-20 lbs.
Typical Working Conditions
Position functions within a normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required in order to fulfill assigned duties as dictated by fluctuations in workload clinical volumes and/or staffing vacancies.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Dr. Recchia was super! He greeted me (the mom) when he entered the room and then, greeted my 13 year old daughter. He asked her to pronounce her name for him and then he called her by name during the exam. He was able to get to her to Smile and laugh during a scary and intimidati